Monday, February 2, 2009

Where did the title of this blog come from?


One of the first quotes from Shakespeare that I ever learnt - from Hamlet.

Polonius: What are you reading my lord?
Hamlet: Words, words, words!

The purpose of this blog is to share my enthusiasm for vocabulary and words. I love word games - Scrabble is an essential on our family holiday, and I would be only too happy to teach you to play Squabble and Take 2. One of my Christmas presents was a travel version of Scrabble called Scramble, which has been fun to learn. There are lots of other word games too that I enjoy - Boggle, for instance, or UpWords. And then there are crossword puzzles - one of my favourites is in the Listener each week and is a cryptic puzzle. Rather than straight-forward clues, the clues contain hints to the word in all sorts of puzzling ways. I love holidays - a great time to drink coffee, play games and do puzzles.

No comments:

Post a Comment