- tweet - this is a posting on twitter - like a blog posting
- twitter search - can look for trends, which is the word for common themes on tweets
- hashtag - a way of connecting tweets - working with other people (like at a conference) and choosing a keyword with a # at the beginning to allow you to find tweets round the same topic eg. #ALANZ
- RT at the front of someone else's name means you are quoting them = retweet, OH means overheard where you don't want to give the reference
- if you start a tweet with @someone's twitter name - then it will be reply to that person. But if you put @someone else's twitter name anywhere else in your tweet then everyone will see it
Monday, September 7, 2009
I decided that I really should get my head round Twitter and at least understand how it works. Discovered that this entails learning new vocabulary!